Ensuring the safety of children is everyone's business
The Foundation carries out its activities in accordance with the UN “Convention on the Rights of the Child”, the UN Guidelines for Alternative Care of Children, as well as the policy adopted by the Government of the Republic of Armenia in the field of child protection.
SOS Children's Villages ensures that:
- Employees, cooperating parties, as well as program activities do not abuse or harm children and young people; appropriate procedures are also in place and all child safety concerns are effectively dealt with or referred to appropriate structures.
- All employees, cooperating parties, volunteers and partners, as well as all children and young people are familiar with the Child and Youth Safety Protection Policy, as well as the Child and Youth Safety Protection Regulations and are obliged to report any child safety protection incidents using the Foundation's services to the competent authorities. They can also report this to staff or child safety protection teams at the foundation's National Office and all branches.
The program can be presented as follows:
- orally (face-to-face or over the phone by calling the 24-hour Hotline at 041 504 495);
- in writing (by placing the note in the Complaints and suggestions boxes located in the National Office of the foundation, in all branches and programs/ or by writing to the e-mail [email protected])
- You can also report a concern about violence against children supported by the Foundation in this way.