- 5 years and 1000 of stories06 17, 2019
- Seminar on the theme of “Main peculiarities of successful parenting”06 17, 2019
- Meeting with Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Affairs 06 08, 2019
- June 1 event in Kanaker-Zeytun administrative district06 04, 2019
- June 1 event in Arabkir administrative district06 04, 2019
- June 1 in SOS Children's Village Ijevan06 03, 2019
- June 1 in SOS Children's Village Kotayk06 03, 2019
- Family Strengthening Project in Arabkir administrative districtIn 2010, the Family Strengthening Project was launched in Arabkir administrative district of Yerevan with the aim of preventing child abandonment. Within the framework of this project, families in difficult life circumstances with minor children receive comprehensive education, health, social-psychological, legal, economic and material support based on their individual needs.
- SOS Children’s Village KotaykSOS Children’s Village Kotayk was founded in the Republic of Armenia after the devastating earthquake of 1988. It was the first Children’s Village on the territory of the former Soviet Union, which due to its special methodology provides family-like care for children in difficult life circumstances for already 30 years.
- Family Strengthening Project in Kanaker-Zeytun administrative districtSince April 2007, the Family Strengthening Project was launched in Kanaker-Zeytun administrative district. The beneficiaries of the project are families in difficult life circumstances with minor children. Our goal is to assist families with the help of the multidisciplinary team to overcome crisis, to acquire self-esteem and self-reliance and to carry out all social functions of the family. Through activating the potential of the families we promote their ability to act independently, to solve their problems, and to independently use the services inside and outside of the community.
SOS Children’s Villages Armenia
“SOS Children’s Villages” Armenian Charity Foundation started its activities in the Republic of Armenia immediately after the devastating Spitak earthquake in 1988. The Foundation is a child-centered organization whose mission is to provide family-like care for children in difficult life circumstances. Based on this, the Foundation operates in two directions: alternative care services, as well as family strengthening services provided for the socially insecure families with minor children.
In 1990, SOS Children's Village Kotayk opened its doors in Kotayk Region for the children who lost their parents in the earthquake. In 1994, SOS Kindergarten was built to provide quality pre-school education for the children of SOS Children's Village Kotayk as well as nearby communities. In 2001, the first Youth Home was established in Yerevan, and then two more Youth Homes were founded in the following years with the aim of providing care for 13-18-years old youngsters who moved to Yerevan from SOS Children’s Villages. In 2009, the second SOS Children’s Village Ijevan was opened in Ijevan town.
Today, activities of “SOS Children’s Villages” Armenian Charity Foundation include 24/7 alternative care for children (long term and short term), Mother and Child Shelter, and Family Strengthening Programmes in Kotayk and Tavush regions, Arabkir and Kanaker-Zeytun communities of Yerevan city. The programs implemented by “SOS Children’s Villages” Armenian Charity Foundation are aimed at the improvement of the child protection system in the Republic of Armenia, as well as at ensuring the right of the child to live in a family.